Thursday, October 09, 2014

I'm not condemned but redeemed

I feel that I have been too hard on myself. I made a boo-boo today and as much as I readily admitted the mistake myself, I was quite angry at myself.

I also happened to learn about Transactional Analysis in the afternoon and I soon realized that I have used all my three ego states because of that event: first the Parent when I complained about the person whom I felt wronged me, then the Adult when I tried to find out from him what exactly happened and how to avoid it in the future, then I took the state of a Child when he responded to me as a Parent because I decided to walk away since I refuse to argue and carry on the never-ending conversation and finally I went back to the Adult state when I reported the event to the leader informing him about my mistake and seek for what the next step should be . I'm glad I closed with the Parent state and I was able to resolve the matter and have a good night sleep.

Indeed, I'm also reminded of Paul in Romans 8:1-6, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I find myself usually condemning myself whenever I do wrong or make a mistake. I am indeed my own worst enemy.

I'm in Christ and I live by his grace and mercy. I am redeemed and I am his child. Yes, in my weakness, I will still make mistakes but I am not condemned but redeemed.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment