Monday, October 13, 2014

Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy

When I was reading my devotional on Isaiah 8 today, verse 12 particularly caught my attention:

11 For the Lord spoke thus to me with his strong hand upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people, saying: 12 “Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread.

This is because I hear a lot of comments and opinions around me, and I am reminded to be critical and be conscious to what I hear, and not to agree so readily. In general, I think am quite steadfast and seasoned in my thinking and response, but nevertheless I still feel I must listen to these words of the prophet.

His usage of the word "conspiracy" made an impression in me. I am usually readily available to listen to disagreements and comments, but here is a warning to not call conspiracy all that others call conspiracy. Do not be caught up with the thoughts of the world, but be filled with the Spirit and be reminded of the Word of God and be open to the prompting of the Spirit.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment