Saturday, October 04, 2014

All my volumes on Calvinism, Arminianism, Predestination, Free Will and Foreknowledge


Chosen But Free
by Norman Geisler

It has taken me awhile, a little more than a month, but I have finally finished reading Chosen But Free is morning (disclaimer: although I have left out the long section of the appendices). It was a good read, though I may not agree on every detail, I agree with Geisler on most part, but still remain an Arminian. I would indeed recommend this to Calvinists, both moderate and extreme.

I have then purchased these two books, published in tandem by Zondervan (2011):


For Calvinism
by Michael Horton


Against Calvinism
by Roger E. Olson

I have not dived into them yet, as it will take some serious reading and will most probably take me two months, or more, to finish both the books. But I believe both will do well in holding the tension between Calvinism and Arminianism, after which I may re-read Olson's Arminian Theology. There is so much to learn, understand and remember.


Arminian Theology, Myths and Realities

On top of that, Noel just reminded that he has gotten me two books some time ago which I need to also read up on. Ah, another two more months, or more? So much to read, so little time.


Predestination & Free Will
Edited by David Basinger and Randall Basinger
Contributed by John Feinberg, Norman Geisler, Bruce Reichenbach and Clark Pinnock


Divine Foreknowledge: Four Views
Edited by James K. Beilby and Paul R. Eddy
Contributed by Gregory A. Boyd, David Hunt, William Lane Craig and Paul Helm

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment