Saturday, August 30, 2014

How do you spend your weekends?



I was checking out weekend practices around the world when I also found the stats above on how Americans spend their weekends.

It may or may not reflect how it's spent here in Malaysia but for me I'd gladly be the 12% of "avoid seeing anyone".

I have been invited to concerts and weddings and get-togethers. I'd of course attend weddings of close friends, which only happens once in a blue moon and that's all. I have turned down concerts and any other invitations.

But me being me, I do feel bad about it though. And I have not told them about my need for weekend downtime. I wonder if they would understand it if I did tell them.

It's just that I spend at least 10 hours a day, Mondays to Fridays, with people, people and people and I want to spend my Saturdays and Sundays alone (except for a couple of hours on Sunday for church service and on some Saturdays for worship practice when I'm scheduled to serve).

I love my alone time at home. I read, think, write and watch TV and wind down with the family. These are very important to me.

It's a long weekend this weekend, with Malaysia's Independence Day being celebrated on Sunday, making Monday an off day. It gives me such a feeling of comfort now that I can be alone for longer than usual. Ahhh...

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment