Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Thank You Lord for the Trials that Come My Way

This song has been staying with me these few days. I was the song leader in CG last week. The song just came to me and I decided to put it in the song lineup. I have never sung it or heard it sung in church for the longest time. It is a very, very old song sang during my youth fellowship days when I was in my teens.

So imagine my amazement when it was sung on Sunday during worship. Coincidence? I doubt it. It is my firm belief that God had a message intended for someone, though I will not be able to confirm it. This will stay with me for a long, long time and my prayers will always be with that person.

This is the only video I found with the "bridge" ending tune I usually sing to:



THANK YOU LORD
Copyright 1972 by Lexicon Music, Inc

Verse 1
G7 C D7
Thank You Lord
Bm Em
For the trials that come my way
Am D7
In that way I can grow each day
G G7
As I let You lead
C D7
And I thank You Lord
Bm Em
For the patience those trials bring
Am D7
In that process of growing
G G7
I can learn to care

Chorus
C D
But it goes against the way I am
Bm Em
To put my human nature down
Am D C/D D G G7
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
C
‘Cause when those trials come
D Bm Em
My human nature shouts the things to do
Am C/D D G
And God’s soft prompting can be easily ignored

Verse 2
I thank you, Lord,
with each trial I feel inside,
that you're there to help,
lead and guide me away from wrong.
'Cause you promised, Lord,
that with every testing,
that your way of escaping is easier to bear.

Verse 3
I thank you, Lord,
for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything
life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord,
that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face,
and it's there you belong.

pearlie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this song. Has been a long time I heard it sung on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Do you have any idea, how I can find this song in Bb?

    ReplyDelete