Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Samplings on the Fourteenth



I had the privilege to have lunch in Samplings on the Fourteenth this afternoon. It is quite a special fine dining restaurant with a very apt name.

It is a learning kitchen and restaurant as it is staffed by a team of culinary students of the Berjaya University College of Hospitality.

It is aptly named Samplings because the menu is different everyday and it is indeed a daily sampling of the students' creation guided by a master chef.



The restaurant setup is simple. Not too posh but nice with a good window view of the city.



I ordered the scallop for starter, and the chicken roulade for mains. And silly me was so hungry I just dug in and forgot to take a picture of the chicken roulade. I am not a photo foodie anyway. I remembered to take a photo each of the starter and dessert only because the other three ladies at my table were busy taking photos of theirs!

The scallop was really delicious. I can't remember what it was served with. Definitely some eggs and maybe some beans under the scallop and cilantro over the mashed eggs wrapped with some sort of greens.

The chicken roulade is quite good too though not spectacular. It is served on a bed of tomato purée kind of sauce.



The dessert is really unique. It is some kind of mouse with raspberry paper made in the kitchen.

I wish I was more attentive to the menu and the food description and not ending up with what I referred to above as "sort of" this and "some kind" of that!

Anyway, on the whole, it was a delightful meal and for lunch, the price is unbelievably cheap for fine dining. It was only RM28 per 3-course serving. Some may find the serving rather small but it is just nice for me.

Do note that the restaurant can get quite busy and so make your reservations before going there. And being a fine dining restaurant, make sure you are dressed appropriately.

Samplings On The Fourteenth
Berjaya Times Square Hotel,
1 Jalan Imbi,
55100 Kuala Lumpur
03-2117 8000


pearlie
Photo source: www.berjaya.edu.my (photo #1 and #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment