Monday, May 19, 2014

What to do with pride

My reading today was from Exodus 4:10-17, where Moses was arguing with God about his incapabilities and asked God to send someone else.

The lesson here is for us to trust in God. When he calls us in spite of our inferiorities, we obey because in the end we respond to God for his glory.

I am then wondering about the other side of the coin. What if we are good in the area serve God in, but is plagued by pride instead?

Pride is a struggle for me. I am not excellent in what I do, but I do believe I do a fair job most of the time. I do feel proud of my capabilities sometimes, and feel utterly guilty about it and often seek God for his forgiveness.

When Moses told God that he is not eloquent and not able to speak for Him, God responded by saying, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?"

It is all for God's glory.

Would I then we able to divert my thoughts from myself (pride) to God (His glory)? I have often thought of removing myself from service, because I find it so hard to battle the pride that comes most of the time uninvitingly.

But I am willing to serve Him and I am good in what I do. So what I will try doing now to praise and honour him everytime I catch myself wallowing in pride. Will still be tough, but I will see what difference it will make.

All glory be to God, our Father, alone.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment