Monday, May 26, 2014

Bookstores

Browsing the bookstore is never the same again. I went to Borders today but I didn't feel as excited or as expectant as before.

The pleasure has sadly diminished.

This is because I now find it more helpful browsing Amazon.com and Kobobooks.com. The moment I need a book, I check it out in Amazon and if I see what I like, I will pop into Kobo to see if they carry the title. If they do, I will purchase the e-book and if they don't, I will wish-list it in Amazon.

But back to bookstores, my CG friend sent me this photo some weeks back and I love it!



It is found in the UK Waterstones bookstores and here are a few more brilliant ones.







And this is my favourite. It's absolute brilliant copywriting.


Anyway, I saw some interesting titles in Borders and if I were still a print book devotee, I would have purchased this book. A good title and an excellent cover.


The Kingdom of Infinite Space: A Fantastical Journey Around Your Head
by Raymond Tallis

Too bad it is not available in Kobo. Soon, I hope.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment