Saturday, March 22, 2014

Book Review: Divergent


Divergent
by Veronica Roth

I received a promotional email from kobobooks.com recommending me to read Veronica Roth's Divergent before its movie premieres. And I did, I got a copy and started on it. It was pretty interesting and the reading was easy that I finished it in one sitting today.

I find that is it similar to The Hunger Games - dystopian and involving a young girl discovering who she is and being set in her life to be the saviour of her world. The other similarity is Harry Potter - houses or in this case, factions. When the children reach the are of 16 (instead of 11), they go through an aptitude test for their personality and then a choosing, though they choose it for themselves, whether Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless or Erudite.

It's alright for an easy read.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment