Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Free online courses!

I know that both MIT and Harvard offer free online courses but how about one website that offer free online courses from these universities?

Berklee College of Music
Brown University
California Institute of Technology
Columbia University
Duke University
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Emory University
Georgia Institute of Technology
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Johns Hopkins University
Ohio State University
Princeton University
Rice University
Stanford University
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The University of British Columbia
University of California, Irvine
University of California, San Francisco
University of Edinburgh
University of Florida
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of London International Programmes
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Melbourne
University of Michigan
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
University of Toronto
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Vanderbilt University
Wesleyan University

Check out www.coursera.org. My good friend Melissa told me about it and it is simply awesome. Believe it or not, I have signed up for Songwriting, followed by Foundations of Business Strategy and a few more on psychology. I am looking forward to them. Songwriting will just be for fun, the business one should give me a  newer perspective of it compared to when I did it so many years ago, and psychology will be new albeit something I have always wanted to do. Just hope I will follow through them all.

pearlie

5 comments:

  1. some people choose to get their PhD in theology thro online and distant study. So scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it boils down to our learning preferences. Some can actually do that. I can't. These are smaller stand alone modules that I think I might be able to follow...I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't? you just to pay a handsome sum of money then complete a simple assignment, you will get a DMin, DTheo, PhD and etc.

    Of cos, from a questionable seminary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't because my style of learning involves the ability to engage with the lecturers and the more learned, and I like to attend classes and be in person in a lecture. To me it is not the paper that count so much, it is the experience of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy that you are not out for fake doctorates as some servants of God do.

    ReplyDelete