Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Oh! For a good night of sleep

I slept so well last night after telling myself off for the late nights I keep ending up having, and not that I am doing anything useful at all. I told myself that I must at least get to bed by 10:00pm.

Last night, I finally listened to myself and did just that. It still took me about an hour to wind down and I fell asleep at about 11:00pm, which is nevertheless a record by far.

I had problems sleeping recently, so much so that I reinstalled a sleeping pattern monitoring app back into my iPhone and had it monitor my sleep cycles. The next thing I did was to cut off on coffee and tea consumption after 12:00pm, not that I am very successful with that though. And now to get to bed by 10:00pm.

Results? I had it from a bad nights most of last week,


to a great night last night.


I could not even believe it when I saw the graph this morning.
It looks like going-to-bed-at-10pm is a habit I will need to build and maintain. And the amazing thing is that my brain actually felt much more industrious today.

I know...it is common sense, but I think it all began with the invention of the light bulb, the television, the internet, right down to the iPhone and iPad, that are keeping me up most of the nights...bad...I know.

I am going to have to give up a lot of things I enjoy doing at night before I go to sleep.

pearlie

Check out the Sleep Cycle app.

2 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to say "duh!"... :P hehe, anyway, yes it is true, if I sleep any later than 10pm or 10.30pm and having to wake up at 6am the next day, I will feel really tired. I need 8 hours of sleep daily, and 2-hour nap on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know...like I said, it is common sense, but when it comes to bad habits, common sense fly out the window.

    Anyway, I need work harder on the get-to-bed-at-10 habit. The subsequent nights were bad.

    ReplyDelete