Monday, September 05, 2011

I forgot to breathe, eat, sleep, mull, write and pray

I had a great week off, being the long Hari Raya-Merdeka break last week, and I've taken the time to do and catch up on quite a bit of stuff, one of which is my sleep debt. Too bad sleep cannot be deposited but it can be owed, cause I slept quite a lot! At least for the first couple of days, and then I'm back at my bad habit of staying up late. But I made sure that I settle the debt the last two days over the weekend.

But one thing I have not been doing, i.e. updating my blog. I was too caught up with the break. Well, in that case, there is one even more important thing I have not been doing - keeping my prayer and quiet time. I notice that this is always the case when I get long breaks. I get lost in the flow of all the things I want to do that I can't do on ordinary days. That is bad, I still need to breathe, eat, sleep, mull, write and pray; and not play all the time.

But the break is over, sadly and gladly, and I'm back to life, back to reality, contentedly back to the quiet spot where I meet my God everyday. I'm sorry for my absence in the past week.

pearlie

1 comment:

  1. In our lifestyle today, sleep is one of our most neglected activities. If you're suffering from insomnia, natural sleep aids can help you put your sleeping pattern back on track.

    ReplyDelete