Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Body, the Church

My family church celebrated its 44th anniversary today. Grace Notes was invited to sing and so I was there. It has been awhile since I have attended Sunday service in this church and even though I spent more than half my life there and even though I call it my family church, I did not know half the people in the service.

It has now became a reality to me that the church is the faith community and not the structure. The longer you spend away from the community, be it physically or even mentally, the further you will feel in relation to it.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Been away all summer and miss church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray and hope that you and Ann will be well and good to be home soon. Take care Bob and hugs for Ann.

    ReplyDelete