Friday, July 15, 2011

The Great Fulfilment

Someone asked me if I am happy with what I am doing now, and my reply was automatic.

"Yeah, it's ok".

"I see, so happy is too strong a word then."

"Oh no, it's not. I'm good."

It was a short exchange but it got me to realise that my level of happiness is indeed really up there. I suppose being an INFP, an idealist, I look to the Great Fulfilment to fully deserve that statement, that I am happy.

The Great Fulfilment is in a sense a nemesis to me. I am usually not completely satisfied with what I do and who I am. I know striving for improvement is something we all must catch on to, but I suspect it is a little bit more than that to me.

Which is why in order to survive, I must always remind myself that I will never get fulfilment from anyone or from anything or from anywhere, other than my heavenly Father.

"I will fill the soul of the priests with abundance, and My people will be satisfied with My goodness," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 31:14

"If you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58:10-11

Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
John 4:13-14

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. And sometimes that fulfillment comes from the Lord through a member of His body. :)

    ReplyDelete