Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Be careful how you text

I think you would agree with me that SMSes, or any kind of text messages for that matter, make a poor medium of communication. Yes, it is convenient and it serves me well as I'd prefer to text than to talk but if we are not careful in the way we make our messages, it may do more harm than good.

A very good friend of mine sent me a "Dead Pearlie," some time ago, God bless him, I had a good laugh over it. That was nothing.

But the SMS I received today was worrying - someone important to me asked to see me urgently - which got me so worried the whole day. In the end, when we finally met in the evening, it was just the usual. A whole day of worrying for nothing, but I'm thankful that things are still in order.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment