Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why I Hate Reading the Newspapers

I read in The Star today about a father who forgot his daughter and left her sleeping in the car. She died of a heatstroke.

On googling for the news article to be linked here, I was surprised to read of another similar case in Italy that happened just three days ago. This father forgot to drop off his daughter to a day care center and left her in the car in the heat, for five hours. She was declared brain dead three days later. And the irony was that the Italian mom said what happened to the father could happen to anyone, and it did, three days later.

I could not take this out of my mind. I just can't.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, this is the kind of news that sells. Guess it always has. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of it that way, but yea...true.

    ReplyDelete