Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another year for Thee


It is a very quiet Chinese New Year this year. I miss the Chinese New Years when I was still a kid - lots of angpaus, hoards of food and cookies, reunion dinners with my late grandma, my family and all my uncles and aunties, and fireworks!!! It is different now - I have to give out the angpaus, I am gaining weight and yet I don't think I ate that much, reunion dinners with my in laws since I am now married which is still nice, and no fireworks.

Anyway, I attended the Chinese New Year service in my family church on Sunday and was touched by this hymn which we sang:

Another Year is Dawning
Words by Frances R. Havergal
Music by Samuel S. Wesley

Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee.

Amen ... another year for Thee it will be.

pearlie
Photo (c) 2010 Pearlie Ng

5 comments:

  1. pearlie! here's to wishing you and your family happy CNY! although times are different, and we may celebrate it otherwise, but the true spirit of CNy still remains, coming together as family, sharing the joy and happiness and being thankful that we've celebrated another in His grace....

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Thanks! wishing you the good blessings of the Lord in this New Year and may his presence and goodness be with you and all at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those words are very meaningful ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Pearlie - always good when you go with God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. S. Etole,
    Indeed - the words speaks to the heart.

    Julia,
    Thanks - we've had a quiet 15 days of celebration really. The older we get, the quieter the Chinese New Year is.

    ReplyDelete