Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So do you find it fulfilling?

A conversation that I had with a friend on Sunday in church is still fresh in my mind, but I just realised what words I used when I asked her about her work: "so do you find it fulfilling?"

It did not occur to me until this morning that I had actually used the word, fulfil. This explains a lot because I find that I am looking for fulfilment in all the wrong areas in my life, and finding none.

I cannot avoid the fact now that I can only find fulfilment in Christ.

But what is fulfilment in Christ? I know of many so-called standard answers, but what is it exactly in reality?

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. To me it's what Paul speaks of when he says: whatsoever place I find myself I am content. We are so often not content with where we find ourselves and what is going on in our lives at any given point.

    I was not "there" last weekend when something did not turn out the way I had planned and envisioned!! I had to make an adjustment as God reminded me how very far I have to go to be conformed.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ponder some difficult questions ... difficult at least to define. When I remember that it is "in Him we live and move and have our being," then I find that whatever circumstance I am in I can be "full" ... He is the fulfillment ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is a journey. Fulfillment is at the end of that journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    Yup, you got the right word - conform. We need to conform to Christ and to do so, we need to know him more and more. And yes, to conform is not an easy thing to do, our flesh speaks louder than our spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. S. Etole,
    I appreciate that you recognised the difficulty of it, I am going through quite a difficult journey I suppose, but then again, nothing in comparison to the struggles of some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sakthi,
    You think so? Fulfilment is at the end? In a way, yeah ... but it is also the now and not yet. So, as much as fulfilment is at the end of the road, we should be experiencing a certain level of fulfilment in Christ right now. At least I think so :)

    ReplyDelete