Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas is near!

I have just been asked to help get the carolling team ready this year. I am pretty excited about it. I have yet to get hold of the songs in print but the carols are already running in my head and I am already singing them while driving.

Christmas is near!

As much as we must remind ourselves that Christmas is not about gifts and toys, but about the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ and our commitment to him, we must also revel in the sounds and colours and aroma of Christmas. The aroma of a busy kitchen, decadent fruit cakes, hot steaming coffee; colours of wrapped gifts, table cloths, Christmas trees; sounds of carollers singing, children laughing, family chatting. That is amongst what I look forward to the season -- to rejoice in the presence of Immanuel with family and friends.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment