Saturday, September 19, 2009

The right to complain in the Internet

I am not sure if I have blogged about HR-related issues before and so this might be the first. This news article was published and I think is it in our interest to be mindful of what we do in the Internet.

I have seen people's gripes about work and people in the workplace quite often and have read numerous articles about people getting dismissed or not hired because of the things they say online.

This recent article in the Business Week was about a group of prison guards dubbed the Facebook Five who has gone to an Australian court to fight for the right to complain about their boss on the Internet.

For more, read it here.

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see what the courts say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it would -- it'll put an update if I do come across it and you let me know if you do.

    ReplyDelete