Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Psalm 62

Psalm 62 (New American Standard Bible)
God Alone a Refuge from Treachery and Oppression.
For the choir director; according to Jeduthun.
A Psalm of David.

1 My soul waits in silence for God only;
    From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
    My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
3 How long will you assail a man,
    That you may murder him, all of you,
    Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
4 They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position;
    They delight in falsehood;
    They bless with their mouth,
    But inwardly they curse. Selah.

5 My soul, wait in silence for God only,
    For my hope is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
    My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God my salvation and my glory rest;
    The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, O people;
    Pour out your heart before Him;
    God is a refuge for us. Selah.

9 Men of low degree are only vanity and men of rank are a lie;
    In the balances they go up;
    They are together lighter than breath.
10 Do not trust in oppression
    And do not vainly hope in robbery;
    If riches increase, do not set your heart upon them.
11 Once God has spoken;
    Twice I have heard this:
    That power belongs to God;
12 And lovingkindness is Yours, O Lord,
    For You recompense a man according to his work.

I need to be working on this psalm soon as well as two other passages to write a devotion from each.

Just read through the psalm and one truth we can get from it is this: God is God, whoever you are, whatever you do. He is God. And this God is not only a God of power but of lovingkindness.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment