Sunday, August 23, 2009

History Channel's Inside Islam

I came back from church today and switched on the TV, which is a rare thing. I turned to the History Channel only to discover that I have missed "Inside Islam". It would be good to watch as a follow up of the Ministry in a Pluralistic Society lectures.

So what the next best thing to do? YouTube, of course!

Check it out here if you are interested (there are 9 parts of about 10 minutes each). But be warned of two things:

1. I think the videos are "censored" in at least 3 sections. If I remember correctly, one on the Sufis, another on the American muslim lady's comments on the covering of head and another on the attack of the Ottoman Turks. If you watch it, let me know if I am right.

2. As they always say it, history is not "pure" history, in that they are presented in the context and interest of the historian. These videos are made as a response to the 9-11 catastrophe.

Let me know what you think.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment