Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am downright cognitive, so?

One day, about a year ago, someone told me that I am a cognitive person. I am not too sure what was implied, whether what I have is all in the head and less in the heart or just the fact that I think through things a lot (which a lot of my good friends already know). Later, someone else told me that I need to transfer what I have in the head to the heart. Again, I took it in constructively because the words were given to me in a very positive manner.

It all comes back to me now in light of the Basic Life Principles seminar which is happening in town. Aside from the fact that I would not be able to make it, I began checking them out:

Institute in Basic Life Principles
Basic Life Principles – seven universal principles in life
Exegeting Bill Gothard – three Christian apologists evaluate the conference speaker's life and teachings

I have this belief that we learn things differently, and I have a strong preference to the more cognitive way. I do not like to be told what to do. I prefer to work it out, through prayer and study of Scriptures, and then do. Which is why self help books and seminars like that of the above do not appeal to me.

I'd rather go re-sit Elementary Greek, which some of my friends are doing now.

But, I still ask the question: am I missing something here?

pearlie

15 comments:

  1. I am very similar, Pearlie. I tell others that for some, the heart feeds the mind, and for others the mind feeds the heart. Notwithstanding, we often get heartburn and/or consitpation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pealie, you are very ok, on right track..

    I am the same.

    I am Sceptics! in fact I am highly sceptical toward the so called, Bill Gotha guy...

    I witness some disastrous testimonies who become his disciple..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearlie - I thank God I've stumbled upon your interesting blog! I'm adding you to my reading list!

    C-h-e-e-r-s!
    :) James

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, Greek is always more exciting - of course I am biased here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy,
    Birds of the same feather flock together :P

    Hmm ... no wonder I have been having some discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 不肖生 Sceptics,
    I'm OK You're OK :P
    I am taking on a very sceptical disposition lately everywhere I go -- for good or for bad, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi James,
    Thanks for dropping in and commenting! I have been to yours as well and you have a great one there. Love your photos and you just started photography or have you been on it for a long time now? Your B&W photos are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kar Yong,
    Biased eh? All of us are biased - just hope we are biased in the right direction. Anyway, I don't think I will survive Greek classes this time :) but I do need revision classes badly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when I was young, I fully supported these kind seminar and speakers...

    but as I grow older each day, after 35 years old,,,,I become highly sceptical and even critical to that kind of things....

    Am I getting wiser?

    but I feel, then, I am departing from the masses..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pearlie - I'm a beginner! I started my hobby during last Christmas when I first bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D60. After two months I realized that I've reached its threshold so I sold it off and bought a Canon EOS 50D. I love Canon colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pearlie - I'm a beginner! I started my hobby during last Christmas when I first bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D60. After two months I realized that I've reached its threshold so I sold it off and bought a Canon EOS 50D. I love Canon colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 不肖生 Sceptics,
    I think I did too when I was younger and I remember when I then spoke to Rev Dr Ezra Kok and Rev Gan Meng Tee (if you know him) about these seminar/speakers/books/authors, they had this smile on their face. Like they know something but is not telling me :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. James,
    You are a beginner????????
    Then you are a natural :) After one year with my Canon 40D, I have still so many things unexplored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the two rev yu mentioned, only have this smile because they try be political correct,,,after all they are guru...haha,,, so must be careful.

    but I am Sceptics...so I know not any such thing as politically correct..

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you would tell it to my face? I won't like you then!! Heheh ... Just jokin'

    ReplyDelete