Saturday, June 06, 2009

Family Camp Day 2

One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to a cottage industry producing scrumptious and yummy Kueh Nyonya.

Upon entry, I did not want to come off being intrusive lugging a huge camera, and so I asked permission if I can take pictures. This adorable lady said to me, "Eh sai ... boh sui la" (Can ... but I am not pretty though).


This is where the Kueh Nyonya are prepared.


And this is where the varieties of finished Kueh Nyonya are displayed for sale. This is also where visitors can sit for a cup of tea, and chat with the locals there.


Siong Huong, utterly delighted with the treasures she found.


After the Kueh Nyonya visit and purchase, we stopped by this food stall for some more Nyonya delicacies: popiah, pie tee and cendol. They were delicious!


We are back, with Nyonya goodies! From left: Choon Neo, Siong Huong and Ann.


pearlie
Photos (c) 2009 Pearlie Ng

No comments:

Post a Comment