Friday, May 01, 2009

Movie: X-Men Origins, Wolverine



Spoiler alert!
We took the opportunity of the public holiday to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine. We enjoyed it tremendously (forget the reviews, didn't agree with them), except that they should have done a better job with Patrick Stewart: he looked odd. Anyway, I was right about two things - the girl didn't die and the brother was working for the bad guy. To me, it was quite expected.

One of my favourite scene though was the log cabin high up in the mountains -- wow, if I could retire there right now.

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. This TOPS my Superhero movie list to-date and the best of the X-Men movies to-date too. Simply love the action, especially the opening part -- Logan and Victor running in battles from scene to scene in different eras. It was well done. The fighting scene at the end was also just nice without having to drag like the other movie, Incredible Hulk. I think I dozed of while watching that movie in cinema. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, in response to "forget the reviews" ... hehe you should wait for my reviews if you're not sure.:) I'm a seasoned movie-goer. Like Simon Cowell of the movies. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like Incredible Hulk and you also reminded me of King Kong (maybe because it was in the same time as Incredible Hulk?) which I absolutely hated.

    Anyway when you smsed me to not bother with the reviews, I gathered they must be bad.

    On the whole, I like the movie, just felt though that there were some holes here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. King Kong?

    Nah, I won't watch this kind of movie in the cinema, unless someone else is paying. :P Never recommended you this. "V" for Vendetta, I did.

    ReplyDelete