Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

We celebrated not only Family Worship today but also our church's 2nd anniversary. I was sort of the inadvertent worship leader, which was both exciting and apprehensive for me, because I have not been doing it since taking a break from worship leading in November last year.

With my common practice in using the D-to-D range right above middle-C for worship, being a range more befitting congregational singing, it was a difficult range for me. After the long hiatus from worship leading, I found myself pushing it and I ended up with a hoarse voice both yesterday after practice and today after worship leading.

But it was nonetheless a wonderful time of worship and celebration. Soli Deo Gloria.

And I am again reminded of why we made the change to this neighbourhood church two years ago -- to be in a faith community where we can connect and share life together. It's wonderful worshipping as the body of Christ and then fellowshipping together. We usually stay back after church to chat and connect with one another, and sometimes we do stay on for quite long. The presence and love of God is indeed with us. Amen.

pearlie

7 comments:

  1. This was good Pearlie:

    "to be in a faith community where we can connect and share life together."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    Indeed it is good :)
    Praise the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  3. 不肖生 Sceptics,
    Both! :D
    I love the hymns and as far as other more contemporary songs are concerned I am not particular about where they are from, as long as the theology is right and the music is excellent ;) It was Family Worship this time and I used a couple of Sunday School songs as well. I used these 5 songs: We're Here to Bless Your Name, My Life is in You, Jesus' Love is Sweet and Wonderful, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands, and Don Moen's Hallelujah to the Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good! I think you like Don Moen very much,,hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. 不肖生 Sceptics,
    Not "very much" but he is OK :P To give you an idea what I like -- try Hayley Westenra and also Celtic Woman. Though they are not Gospel singers as such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whee..hayley and the celtics are wheeawesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete