Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Sikh Wedding

I attended a colleague's wedding wedding today - a Sikh wedding. It was the most colourful event I have ever been to.

Getting the groom ready.


We were served breakfast.


Hear ye, hear ye.


Here comes the bride.


The bride being led in by her brother.


The bride and her proud mom, or was it her sister?


The seating in the Sikh temple was segregated into the women and the men, which became a photographer's delight. Just look at the colours!


The group of women seated around me were so elegant and beautiful. I was snapping away much to their and my delight.






And this is my most favourite shot of the lot!


At the end of the wedding ceremony, blessings were given out when I caught this shot.


I was packing up my gears by the time lunch was served, but not until I get a shot of this girl seated just across me.


pearlie
Photos (c) 2009 Pearlie Ng

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures and yes, oh the colors!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an opportunity! Pearlie, you have a wonderful eye - the expressions and color were marvelous. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete