Saturday, January 31, 2009

And off we went food hunting

We went food hunting via foodie-blogs this Chinese New Year and found these 2 places which are so good that they will soon become our frequent haunt. (I have posted pictures from these 2 blogs where we found the food places: Precious Pea, Eat First Think Later and Simple Tofu.)

Pan Mee @ Taman Sri Sentosa
Off Old Klang Road
SH is a real fan of Pan Mee and when I found a thumbs-up review of this place which is not far from where we are, off we went. And yes, the food is really good.

The place is very small and situated right opposite the market. As such, find a good time to go when the market is not so busy.

Photo (c) 2007 Precious Pea


Photo (c) 2007 Precious Pea


Photo (c) 2007 Precious Pea

Pan Mee Stall 28
Jalan Seri Sentosa 9A
Taman Seri Sentosa
Off Old Klang Road
Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 016 - 288 3911
Closed on Monday

Puchong Yong Tau Foo
@ Jalan Puchong Batu 14

There must be something Puchong is famous for and sure enough, there is - Puchong Yong Tau Foo. We lived in Puchong for 8 years now and we never knew about this place. The food is good, it is really fresh and made to order. You pick what you need, only then do they put on the filling and cook it for you. We ordered so much we were stuffed!


Photo (c) 2007 Eat First Think Later


Photo (c) 2008 Pikey


Photo (c) 2008 Pikey

Puchong Yong Tau Foo
Jalan Puchong Batu 14
47100 Puchong
(opposite Han Ming Chinese Primary School)
Open from 11.00am- 9.30pm

pearlie

6 comments:

  1. It is interesting to see your type of food. Did you know that many Europeans are enjoying foods from other nations? Chinese food is one of the popular types. I like some Chinese food. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. tks for recommendations... me too, like to hunt for food in KL. so far, I find good food in KL and Ipoh.. Penang? not so.

    your photo taken, so sharp and clear, hw you make it? good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave,
    What are your favourite Chinese food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sceptics,
    I do like food in Penang :) and I have not been to Ipoh enough to really appreciate the food there.

    BTW, if you are referring to the food pictures here, I have obtained them from other sites. If you are referring to my photos in the other posts, I took them with a DSLR camera, my new hobby :) You can visit my Photoblog (refer to the Picture Pearlie link above the pearlie gates header) to find more photos but I am not as active there as I am here.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pearlie, I like Egg Fuyong(?), and the Chinese takeaway kinds, though do not eat the vegetables as I enjoy the fish varieties. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is the Egg Fu Yong or Fu Yong Dan. I am not sure what Chinese takeaways are like - the Chinese are very versatile when it comes to food and I suppose Chinese food in one country would differ quite a bit from another.

    ReplyDelete