Monday, December 15, 2008

Five Special Things

A slow day but an occupied one as well, with some special things I would like to document:

1. I learnt something new in MS Excel, a software that continues to delight me in my course of work: I learnt how to use the SUMIF formula, and I found out that F9 will "calculate all" formulas in your worksheet, useful if you have a very complicated one and the worksheet would not refresh after you've copied and pasted a formula across hundreds on lines.

2. I gave a good friend a book in return for all the small but heartfelt stuff he gave or lent me - notes, booklets, articles, references, over the past one year. His pet subject is Biblical Prophecy - and so I got him Robert B. Chisolm's Handbook on the Prophets, an excellent tome on the books of prophecy. I have yet to get one copy myself.

3. My brother and I have not had a meal together for awhile now. We went for dinner together today. He and his wife, Calvin and Chloe, and I.

4. I made a new "friend" last night with my cousin's wife, Angeline, and we started emailing today. I hope we will keep at it, like I did with Melissa, now my good, good ol' buddy.

5. And I think I finally wrapped up my Millennium paper today. I hope to give it a final touch tomorrow, print it, mail it out and close my chapter on the topic. Enough is enough.

Thank you God, for the special things you've blessed me with today.

pearlie

3 comments: