Tuesday, October 07, 2008

One down, one more to go

I am done, I hope, with the simpler assignment for Christian Theology 2, "What Will Heaven Be Like?" and now going head-on into the toughie, "The Three Millennial Views, A Biblical and Theological Analysis".

I seriously do not know where to start, even though I have dabbled here and there for ideas. I think it would be good to start with J. Ramsey Michael's Interpreting the Book of Revelation.
For thou hast laid a mighty treasure by
Unlocked by Him in Nature, and thine eye
Burns with a vision and apocalypse
Thy own sweet soul can hardly understand
pearlie

Poem by George MacDonald, "The Beloved Disciple", The Poetical Works of George MacDonald, 2 vols. (London: Chatto and Windus, 1911), 2:304.

4 comments:

  1. well, i often see Stanley Grenz's The Millennial Maze and Anthony Hoekema's The Bible and the Future in bibliographies, so maybe that's the place to start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was looking for a copy of Grenz but could not find it. I am hoping it would be better than The Three Views book, which I find such a difficult read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try amazon.com for the Grenz copy? Anyway, yes, I find The Three Views not that well written (as in a tad too long winded and hardly to the point). That's why I ended up watching movies and reading Chick Lit books the past two weeks (excuses excuses) ...

    By the way, I missed the assignment's "grace period" (again -- it seems I could never really get my write-ups done in time when it comes to STM TEE "second-chance offer") but will try reading the book one more time. Today. Will share my reviews when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already booked a copy from Canaanland. I also planned to try the 3 Views again and see how it goes -- just that I need to figure out where I placed it!

    ReplyDelete