Friday, August 29, 2008

What's your favourite key on the keyboard?

My son asked me what I thought was a very superfluous question.

Calvin: What is your favourite key on the keyboard?

Mommy: None.

Calvin as usual: What is your favourite key on the keyboard?

Mommy as usual: I have none! All are important to me. I need them all.

Impatient Calvin: Yeah, but what is your favourite key on the keyboard?

Resigned mommy: Okay, okay - the Ctrl button.

Not a very amused Calvin: Very funny.

But amused I was. I did not realise the pun at first, but with his reaction, I had to laugh.

If I had to have a favourite key on the keyboard, it will have to be the Ctrl-button, with all the shortcut I can do with it: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-S and my favourite, Ctrl-Z, the undo-miracle-button.

It would be nice though to have the Ctrl-button in life too now wouldn't it, but I'd rather let God have it instead.

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. That's the big issue isn't it. WE want the control and to be boss. He will let us do so, but that is always the losing way.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tab button. One push and you skip stuff...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ... oh yes, the tab key, definitely.

    Showed Calvin your pick and he went, "very funny, very funny ..."

    ReplyDelete