Saturday, August 02, 2008

Whatever ...

Why do I feel that I am always at the losing end?
Most of the time I usually try to see to it
That everyone is taken care of at every bend
But in the end I am the one who’s left in the pit

Maybe I am just being foolish and silly
Thinking I should be dependable, kind and good
But I feel that I am being walked all over really
Not that they even realized even if they could

So maybe for myself I should be more practical
Maybe I should just do what I want
Just as long as I think it is right, no pickle
Whatever is the operative I’ll be nonchalant

But that is not what I am, is it?
I am beginning to think it is
But I don’t want to just quit
Oh God, help me please

All rights reserved © 2008 Pearlie Ng

pearlie

8 comments:

  1. Pearlie, Your post speaks to the difference between living from your inner and outer being. When you say..

    Maybe I should just do what I want

    ..you are on solid ground when you live from that innermost being.

    ..but you re on shaky ground if you are speaking from the outer being.

    Make sense?

    Blessings, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having put our hand to the plow we are not to turn back.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Yes, having committed to serve the Lord there is certainly no turning back, whatever may come our way. How true ... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB,
    I am not too sure of your definition of inner and outer world :)

    When I say "maybe I should just do what I want" I allude to fact that I almost always take other people very much into consideration in the actions and decisions I make.

    Just that sometimes it comes back with a slap in the face that I wish I make decision more out of logic than people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not inner and outer world.. inner and outer being :)

    He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'

    The idea is that we must train ourselves to listen to our innermot being.. or we will be influenced by our outer being. I touched on this here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure about inner-outer being - for me the outer being shows the fruits of the inner being anyway. And if the outer being is doing something that is not good and pure, it shows there isn't much in the inner being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came back to read the comments on these and I so agree with your comment immediately above this!!

    I might add "By their fruits will you know them."
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your thoughts, Susan :)

    ReplyDelete