Monday, June 23, 2008

Away?

God is indeed so good. He knows us perfectly and pours his grace on us sufficiently at all times. Just when I was getting a bit discouraged about some things, he comes with multiple blessings and reminders.

For one,
a sister shared with me how she had read my sharing on my TEE experience in this blog at the right time – she soon met someone who indicated her interest in taking up theological training on a part time basis.

Two,
I had an excellent session with the youth today, as I submitted it all to Him. We studied the parables in the bible and learnt how to interpret the bible. Not with a “I think ...” or a “What this passage means to me ...” but what the passages mean as they were originally and contextually and only then to apply it into our lives as obedient children of God. As an example, I challenged them to give me the most important lesson in the so-called Parable of the Prodigal Son. It was a most interesting session. We learnt a lot, including me.

Three,
I may have started a hiatus in pearlie gates, but through it all journaling the web-log-way has become so much part and parcel of my life that I automatically reflect the days that I lived to thank God, on lessons to learn, questions to ask and blessings to share with whoever who has an ear to hear (or more accurately, an eye to read). To cut the long story short, I cannot stop thinking or reflecting and I do it best writing.

Mark 4:24-25
24 And He was saying to them, "Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. 25 "For whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him."

pearlie

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you. I agree - I don't post daily but blogging certainly has taught me to reflect more each day, letting it go and moving on to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And knowing you and whole lot of others too ;) you are all wonderful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I thought you were stopping for awhile and I haven't been by - I see I have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete