Monday, April 21, 2008

The Word became flesh

I have been trying really hard to complete one of my two assignments on John - I have willed myself unsuccessfully to complete the one on Logos 2 weeks ago, but I am still at it. What has happened however, was a reminder that I have yet to gain some spiritual lessons from it - which was why the drive home from work today turned out a contemplative one.

I had been listening to Dick Lucas's session on Psalm 23 - I was still halfway from home when the session ended and so I switched off the player and started talking to God.

It is a long story how I started what I started but I began deliberating why Jesus is the only way compared to other ways, to the other religions. Soon, my thoughts came to one thing I regard quite interesting:

John 1:14, "the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us", began to take on new meaning.

While the words from the God or gods of the other religions were given or written down or passed down for the obedience of their believers, our God's Word instead came closer. Much more than closer, the Word became like us in flesh and gave us His truth directly. The Word personally dwelt in our midst and showed us His glory in person.

As such, we have not only read the Word of God, eyewitnesses have seen him, and this Word has explained God in the flesh to us.

Now, isn't that amazing? Which other god has ever done that and which other god can even do that?

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment