Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Wednesday
Jesus is Lord


Carson in his teaching session on Revelations 13 strongly calls for us to lead a life that reflects what Christ has done on the cross - we must live a life that either proclaims that Jesus is Lord or the beast is lord. There are no two ways about it: it is one or the other.

So what have I been doing?

Do I think, say and do things that reflect Christ? Do they testify to the truth that is in Christ? Do I passionately endure and be faithful to the gospel of Christ? Do I bear up under the pressure in faithfulness to display godliness and obedience to the gospel of Christ? How I live bears testimony to who rules my life.

If the answer is no, it is then without a doubt that the beast is lord. The beast is lord if I have tacked God to only when I am free, the beast is lord if I have a need for prayer only when I am in trouble, the beast is lord if do not take pain to think and reflect what the cross means, the beast is lord if I abbreviate the cross to just an ornament I hang around my neck, the beast is lord if I reduce the cross to just a piece of wall fixture in my church.

Indeed, Jesus is Lord: what is my testimony?

Ephesians 2:13-16
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.

pearlie
Photo © 2008 Vivek Chugh

No comments:

Post a Comment