Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Manga Messiah


I had the opportunity to get copies of Manga Messiah at very good rates and I grabbed enough to be given as Christmas gifts. I took a quick read and I must say I enjoyed it; though I was not really in agreement with several interpretations and representations of the gospel texts, but as it stands, it is inconsequential. As Paul would have it, "To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law." (1 Cor 9:20)

Calvin is having a go at it at the moment and it is encouraging to have him discovering the gospel in a new way. He is asking loads of questions and he just found out that Jesus read the same (almost, I suppose) Old Testament that he is reading and ain't that cool.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment