Wednesday, October 03, 2007

We are here to praise you


We are here to praise you,
To lift our hearts and sing;
We are here to give you,
The best that we can bring;
And it is our love,
Rising from our hearts;
Everything within us cries,
"Abba, Father";
Help us now to give you,
Pleasure and delight;
Heart and mind and will that say,
"I love you, Lord".
~ by Graham Kendrick

I had a hectic day at work today but the evening was fill with many songs, literally. I had my music lesson, choral practice and choir practice all on the same evening. And I wasn't really prepared to join the church choir, but there were only 2 poor sopranos there and they had to sing an A-flat! I thought I should help and I sang till my chest hurts. They, or we rather, are preparing for Easter 2008, singing this piece call "The Seven Last Words." I have yet to explore it since I just got the scores right before practice.

It is so wonderful to sing to the Lord.

Burst into songs of joy together, you ruins of Jerusalem, for the LORD has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.
~ Isaiah 52:9

pearlie
Picture by John Jarvis

2 comments: