Monday, October 08, 2007

DA Carson in KL


I have finally decided and signed up for the Expository Preaching Seminar 2007 organised by the Kuala Lumpur Christian Conference, to be held on 23 and 24 October. This year’s event will be graced by one of my favourite authors, DA Carson. I attended his last seminar in 2004 when he talked about preaching the Psalms. This time the topic is Theology and Expository Preaching:


Sometimes we prepare to preach by studying the biblical text without asking
ourselves challenging questions about how several related disciplines ought to
shape our sermon preparation and preaching.

In this seminar, we shall wrestle with how preaching properly interfaces
with systematic theology, biblical theology, historical theology and pastoral
theology.

I know I have only preached but once, but this is too interesting a subject to pass up.

But I have to give this a miss. I can't possibly go for 3 nights of conference during school nights, though by then Calvin would have already completed his exams. So, maybe, just maybe.



pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I will be going too but haven't signed up yet. Shall sign up soon. Probably attend the Tues night session only!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going for the EPS, do sign up ASAP - the deadline for registration is this Friday.
    If you can't make it to Evangel - do give them a call and ask them to add your name and if you can pay when you arrive in Tropicana.
    Evangel's number is 78757775.

    ReplyDelete