Saturday, October 20, 2007

Birdbrain

I can really be a birdbrain at times. I completely forgotten I have these books to use for my diakonos paper and I let them sit in the shelves quietly and unassumingly.

In all my reading so far though, we do not have very much information about women in ministry in the New Testament times. And the lesser one knows, the more he needs to write to justify his points. Doing it in four pages is almost an impossible task.


Craig Keener, Paul, Women and Wives: Marriage and Women's Ministry in the Letters of Paul (Peabody:Hendrickson, 1992)


John Piper and Wayne Grudem (eds.), Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, A Response to Evangelical Feminism (Wheaton: Crossway, 1991)


James R. Beck and Craig L. Blomberg, Two Views on Women in Ministry, (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2001)

These and the few journal articles I need to read more thoroughly, I have a lot to read and think now.

pearlie

Update: I have spent the entire day on this diakonos paper, reworking the whole thing as I was not satisfied with my work before. I had to practically re-do the whole paper! But at least now, I am more happy about it.

5 comments:

  1. Mayhap these will be helpful:
    http://www.godswordtowomen.org/studies/women.htm
    http://englishbibles.blogspot.com/2006/11/junia-apostle-index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Codepoke,
    Thanks! I think the Junia one in the English Bibles Blog will be very helpful indeed. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearlie!! So nice to have your comment yesterday. Please be sure and read todays post. It is the most important one I have written to date. You will "know" me a lot better :o)


    I check you every day. Just don't always comment. But you know you have a special place in my heart.
    (((((hugs)))))
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog from the stock photo site! Bookmarking it now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi quietmom,
    Thanks for dropping by :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete