Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh, is it?

I was editting someone's writing today. At the conclusion, he ended his piece with a quotation he took from Martin Luther King Jr.'s book: And so the first question that the priest asked -- the first question that the Levite asked was, "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But then the Good Samaritan came by. And he reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"

Do you know where this was taken from? I asked him.

Martin Luther King Jr., he said.

No, I replied. He was quoting Jesus.

Oh, is it?

pearlie

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how illiterate intelligent people can be when it comes to the bible. Speaks much to the rise of humanism in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my world that is multi-cultured and multi-religious, it is the norm, but what I find amazing is how these have become part and parcel of their lives without them realising. And hopefully in God's good timing, the seeds will sprout.

    ReplyDelete