Saturday, July 21, 2007

Church Camp, Port Dickson: Day 1

The theme for our church’s first camp is:
Celebrating Life:
- celebrating God
- celebrating one another
- serving one another

The camp did not turn out to be a learning camp for me as it was with all my previous camps but it does have a good purpose. Its main purpose is for member bonding and it has done just that.

The camp started with me leading them in an ice-breaking session (as far as I can remember, I have been doing that for the past 4 to 5 church camps, so you can say that I am an old-hand at that). I found a great source for cell-group based activities here and helped myself. By God’s grace, the ice-breaking session went well and it gave everyone a good starting point to connect with one another.

The evening was spent with 3 church leaders sharing with us their thoughts on the theme: celebrating God, celebrating one another and serving one another. It was a meaningful time to remember who God is, who we are as a church and how we can serve one another.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment