Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Turn your eyes upon Jesus

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things on earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace


I have been spending the past 11 hours facilitating a training session and back in my hotel room, I spent a few minutes in worship with this song. I focused on different portions of the song as I sang it.

Turn your eyes – as much as I worship him in all that I do, here comes a time that I want to turn my eyes back on him. I spend the biggest bulk of my time at work and I must be mindful to remember to turn my eyes back on my Lord.

Look full – thinking about it, I have not really looked full into anyone’s faces other than my husband’s and my son’s. What would it mean to look fully into the face of Christ? I can think a few words, I am sure you can come up with more: holiness, love, compassion, service, eternity, truth, way, life.

Grow strangely dim – usually the things that we hold dear are not so important (other than our dear ones of course) and these are the things that should grow dim in the light of eternity. It may seem strange to us because we really thought they were important, and then not.

His glory and grace - And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14). Our Lord Jesus is with doxa and charis, glory and grace. He is both majestic and kind, glorious and gracious. In whatever circumstance I am in, I am standing in his glory and his grace.

pearlie

No comments:

Post a Comment