Monday, June 18, 2007

My Monday Psalm


Psalm 61
The Rock Too High for Me

Hear my cry O God;
.....Listen to my prayer!
From the brink of the abyss I call thee,
.....While my heart is growing faint!
.....Lead me up on the rock too high for me!
For thou has been a refuge for me,
.....A fortress in the face of the enemy.
..........Oh! That I might sojourn in thy tent forever!
...............I would be safe in the shelter of thy wings!
.......................................................................Selah

For thou hast heard my vows, even thou, thyself!
.....Thou wilt grant the desire of those who fear thy name.
Wilt thou add many days to the days of the king?
.....Let his years be like the years of many generations!
Let him be enthroned forever in God's presence!
.....Charge fidelity and truth to preserve him!
..........Then I shall celebrate his name forever,
...............And I shall fulfil my vows day after day.


pearlie
Psalm 61 as translated by Samuel Terrien, The Psalms, (Eerdmans, 2003), 452
Picture by Christopher Bruno

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Psalm, Pearlie,

    I love the promise that He will grant the desires to those who fear His name!

    ReplyDelete