Monday, May 21, 2007

I, a Methodist

I got this link from Karen and surprisingly it did label me a Methodist, which I am, born and bred. I wanted to say that it is not important what I am, as long as I abide in Christ and Christ abide in me. That is true, but looking at the list, I begin to feel that it is important to me. Important not in the sense that being a Methodist is the best or is the most correct, because I respect the others for who they are. It is important because it represents what I believe and what I stand for, how I think and how I behave - O Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.

89% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
68% Reformed Evangelical
68% Fundamentalist
61% Emergent/Postmodern
57% Neo orthodox
46% Charismatic/Pentecostal
39% Classical Liberal
29% Roman Catholic
25% Modern Liberal

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

pearlie

5 comments:

  1. Here is mine

    You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.



    You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

    86%
    Fundamentalist

    75%
    Emergent/Postmodern

    75%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal

    71%
    Reformed Evangelical

    71%
    Classical Liberal

    64%
    Neo orthodox

    61%
    Modern Liberal

    32%
    Roman Catholic

    21%

    That was VERY interesting. Wish I knew how to put it on my site!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's interesting that the scores for Fundamentalist and Emergent/Postmodern are so close for you and even tied for Susan. I can't remember the number, but mine were close, too. In fact, all of mine were very close, with almost no clear majority (52% Evengelical H/W).

    We are not all so very different, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methodist & Postmodern were neck & neck for me with reformed not too far behind. Too many questions I wanted clarification on though, so what does that make me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    I did not know how to put it in the site either! I copied the html, pasted it, worked on the post and later when I got back to it, it went berserk. So I just had it done in simple text.

    You and I are similar on the major worldviews and less on the minor ones :) interesting indeed.

    Mine I think is quite right because I don't see myself a liberal at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy, Julia,
    Hmmm ... you are right. I was busy thinking how Methodist I was that I didn't quite realise that this could be oxymoronic!

    Methodist/Reformed = Armenian/Calvinism. And I think I know why ... we live in a www world and with all the mixing of ideas and thoughts, maybe we have become so mixed up now. Maybe that is why there is a Emergent/Postmodern category for people like us! You think?

    ReplyDelete