Thursday, March 01, 2007

We're home!

We're finally home! But it has not been easy. The discharging process took forever and my car battery died in the hospital parking lot. After all the delays, we are back home at 6 pm and that is a 6-hour delay from the expected discharge time at 12 noon. I should have expected it but no matter, we are home.

I am so, so tempted to take a sabbatical from blogging but that would mean a sabbatical from my daily devotion. I have not been keeping it for awhile already with all the changes in my daily routine and I must get back to it. Therefore, a sabbatical would not a good idea. I will persevere.

I Want To Be Where You Are
by Don Moen

I just want to be where You are,
dwelling daily in Your presence;
I don't want to worship from afar;
draw me near to where You are.
I just want to be where You are,
in Your dwelling place forever;
Take me to the place where You are,
I just want to be with You.

I want to be where You are, dwelling in Your presence,
Feasting at Your table, surrounded by Your glory;
In Your presence that's where I always want to be.
I just want to be, I just want to be with You.

O my God, You are my strength and my song,
And when I'm in Your presence
Though I'm weak You're always strong.

I just want to be where You are,
dwelling daily in Your presence;
I don't want to worship from afar;
draw me near to where You are.
I just want to be where You are,
in Your dwelling place forever;
Take me to the place where You are,
I just want to be with You.

pearlie

4 comments:

  1. Praise God that Calvin is better!!! I'm glad you finally made it home, too. I would miss your daily devotion if you had to take a sabbatical, but hey, I'm on the other side of the world and you better take care of your "real" people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{Hugs}}} to Calvin and the entire family!! Praise God he is on the mend!

    I second Jewels. But I know what you mean about missing spiritual time if you stop blogging. Hearing from and sharing with others spurs on my relationship with the Father and gives me much to talk about with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    Yes, praise the Lord indeed. We are indebted to his love, grace and mercy.

    I would miss your daily devotion if you had to take a sabbatical, but hey, I'm on the other side of the world and you better take care of your "real" people.
    There must be time for all these things :) just that at times, there just isn't any mood for daily devotion - but have to remind myself that it does not matter to God what mood I am in, as long as I am sincere in my time spent with him. The blog keeps me going.

    Again, thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Missy,
    {{{Hugs}}} back to you :)
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

    Like I was telling Codepoke (who have decided to stop blogging), we all have our own reasons for blogging and mine is to have myself disciplined to keep a daily devotion by journaling it everyday, except that it is very clear that I do not do it everyday, especially lately. So in part, it has become my (public) personal journal as well.

    More than that I enjoy blogging my daily devotion because I do it in a community (though getting smaller) that encourages, chastises at the right time, and supports one another, it is a wonderful place to share and be a part of the body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete