Monday, January 29, 2007

John 18: My kingdom is not of this world


John 18:36
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world."

This verse speaks to me today. I caught myself chasing for earthly things and accolades and it is certainly a good lesson and reminder for me when I read it this morning. Jesus' kingdom is not of this world and if I am holding a citizenship of his kingdom, I look not to the crowns of this world. Yes, I do need to put in my best efforts but at times, standing by biblical standards would bring me nowhere. I shall not be disappointed because His kingdom is not from this world.

John 19:2
And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe.

2 Tim 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Jam 1:12
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

pearlie
Picture by Magony Kata

4 comments:

  1. Pearlie, your writing of late has been so prolific, I have not been able to keep up with my comments. I want to let it simmer and work on my heart before I comment - and then there is another pearl of wisdom to ponder. You are aptly named and the "change" has spurred you on!

    Your writing today really is an answered prayer for peace. James 1:12 - what a great reminder to lie down with tonight! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing of late has been so prolific, I have not been able to keep up with my comments.

    ooopss... means I gotta slow down! jk... i guess i am just being extremely thoughtful after my Christian Thelogy or CT classes. At the moment I am reading Nancy Pearcey's Total Truth and that has got me thinking a lot too but i have not been able to crystallise my thoughts yet to post it.

    I want to let it simmer and work on my heart before I comment.
    I am so honoured to hear that. Lately there hasn't been much commenting but I thought I'd just continue to be myself and post on as long as I am able. Now you have certainly encouraged me and I hope I am an encouragement to you as well, in this community of God.

    God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearlie,

    What a great view! I love this gentle reminder. Thanks for reminding me I need a 'kingdom perspective'.

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug,
    I will be a good thing for you and I to carry this kingdom perspective all time. I tend to lose it once awhile.

    ReplyDelete