Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lessons Learnt









I have had a troubled heart for awhile now, for reasons I myself aren’t too sure about. Maybe I do but I just can’t pin them down exactly. But it has certainly been a learning experience for me, and I am still learning.

Lessons I have learnt anew, those that are refreshed and reinforced in me:

• God is good, though He seem faraway sometimes, He is not
• Regardless of what I feel and experience, God is love, full of grace,
..hope and peace
• Even though the sufferings I experienced are so real,
..God is even more real
• He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world
• Life here is just temporary, I look forward to my eternal home
..with God
• Life is not me, me and me; through what I have experienced,
..I need to pray for others more fervently
• I am fallible, weak and frail; I am humbled in His perfection
• I am His

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
......I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
......He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
......He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
......I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
......your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
......you anoint my head with oil;
......my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
......and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Maeghan
Picture by Sem Rox

4 comments:

  1. Maeghan -

    Everything you said is true! God bless you,

    Julia

    Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
    James 1:12

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always inspire with your heart.

    Blessing,
    Milly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,
    Thanks :) and thanks for James 1:12. And I was encouraged by Romans 12 this morning, the Lord really speaks to us all the time through His Word - truly sweeter than honey and the honeycomb (Ps 19)

    God bless!
    Maeghan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milly,
    As you do :)
    I try ... God has a purpose in us and we are to mirror him in our lives.

    ReplyDelete