Saturday, September 30, 2006

God is good all the time


I will be worship leading tomorrow morning. While practising the songs with the musicians just several hours ago, I was moved by God's goodness through Don Moen's song.

God is good all the time
He puts His song of praise in this heart of mine
God is good all the time
Through the darkest night His light will shine
God is good, God is good all the time!

If you’re walking through the valley
And there are shadows all around
Do not fear, He will guide you
He will keep you safe and sound
He has promised to never leave you

Nor forsake you and His Word is true

We were sinners so unworthy
Still for us He chose to die
Filled us with His Holy Spirit
Now we can stand and testify
That His love is everlasting
And His mercies - they will never end!


Lately I have been thinking that however much I read His word and however much others encourage me with His word, I know God is with me, but I just don't feel it. I have to keep telling myself and reminding myself that He is and I must take His word on it, whether I feel it or not.

God is good, all the time. Because, He is God, He is LORD, the Great I Am.

1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.
~ Hebrews 11:1-2

Maeghan
Picture by Marc Garrido i Puig

No comments:

Post a Comment