Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Not a Good Day


I am getting there, I am getting there. These 2 bible verses accompanied me throughout the day, even though I only had time to recite them several times in the morning:

1. Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

2. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

And now I totally understand how King Saul must have felt when he was so disturbed and called for David to play him some music and most probably some singing as well. I have been working non-stop, yes non-stop, from 8am to 8pm and the only time I was not on the verge of panicking was when I was listening to some music - a collection of Christian choral music. When the CD finished playing, I had not thought about looping it, I would only notice it when I sense this feeling of dread creeping in again. Oh dear, I have not felt like this before and it is not even a matter of life and death. I don't quite understand what is happening to me.

But talking about life and death, my friend's cousin was a victim of a snatch thief. She was using a secluded stairway when she was mugged, pushed, fell and suffered a blow on her head. She passed away yesterday. My prayers are with her family, to hold to God and be strengthened again.

Maeghan
Picture by Amir Darafsheh

7 comments:

  1. So horrible about your friend's cousin! Maybe this is giving you a sense of dread combined with all the work you have to do. I'm glad that music is comforting to you and know that you are in my prayers! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia :)
    It's 3.13am now but my mind is still so active ... thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perspective is shone to us here.
    Those who love her have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable about your friend's cousin. I'm sorry.

    I feel for you on the deadline. Deadlines are like a drug calling you on, daring you to overdose. May the Lord show you somewhere, some way that you can say, "no." Don't be afraid to let go of perfection.

    May the Lord be your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you Milly, on their behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CP,
    Whoa ... I am not even talking about perfection, as much of a perfectionist I am. I am just meeting minimum with the time I have. But I am getting there, and I thank God. Thanks CP :)

    I seem to be able to breathe easier today - no more almost-panic attacks. Goodness, I never had them before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like pointy-haired boss says, "When you see a bright light, and loved ones beckoning you to join them, take a break."

    :-)

    ReplyDelete