Friday, August 04, 2006

He's happy again!


My son wasn't happy at all that he fell asleep last night and missed coming to pick me up from the train station (I took the KLIA Express train from the airport back to the city for easy pickup). In fact, he was very, very unhappy, very angry in fact. But he is back to his jovial self now, as he always is.

I found this very intriguing proverb:
The heart knows its own bitterness, and no stranger shares its joy (14:10)

I think I know but I didn't quite understand why he was so angry but I suppose like the proverb go, only we ourselves would truly know our own bitterness and joy. Though we should be glad that Jesus knows.

Maeghan

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous travelogue! Well done!

    I love the story about your son, and the verse you picked is spot-on. I'm glad he's happy again, and glad you came back so well informed.

    Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maeghan,

    Welcome back. Maybe it is like when Peter fell asleep at Gethsamane.

    Maybe the anger is that he fealt in some way that he let you down.

    Still it is nice to know that you are so wanted right?

    God Bless
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. He still makes a face when I mention it :) I think Doug got it spot on, he so wanted to come see me come home.

    So glad to be home! I think I have been travelling too much already.

    ReplyDelete